Cheap Auto Insurance values its relationship with you. Protecting the privacy of your information is of the greatest importance to us. As an insurance provider, we are regulated by Federal and State laws protecting the confidentiality and cheap auto insurance of your information, as well as our use and disclosure of it. The following provides details of our practices and procedures for protecting the security of nonpublic, personally identifiable information about you.
- Whether you are a current, former, or potential customer, Cheap auto Insurance treats your personal information with the same high level of confidentiality and security.
- We never sell your personal information.
- We only share your personal information as necessary to provide the insurance products and services you have requested, to contact you about Cheap Auto Insurance’s products and services, as directed by you, or as permitted by law.
You Don’t Need to “Opt-Out”
Some companies allow access to your nonpublic, personal information by nonaffiliated third parties so they can market their products and services to you. Several laws give you the option of “opting-out” of this type of information sharing. However, at Cheap Auto Insurance we do not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, unless you specifically direct us to do so. Therefore, at Cheap Auto Insurance, you don’t need to “opt-out.”
The Information We Collect
At Cheap Auto Insurance, we gather information about you to process and service your insurance policy, settle your claims, offer you additional products and services that we think may be of interest to you, and as directed by you with your consent. Some of this may be nonpublic, personal information (information not available to the general public) that is provided by you, that we gather from transactions and communications with you, through services performed for you, that we obtain from third parties, or that we obtain through other means.
Information We Collect From You
This includes information you provide us when you apply for our products or request services, either on the Internet, by phone, or by other means. It includes information such as your name, address, vehicle descriptions, drivers license number, and Cheap Auto Insurance Web pages visited.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
This includes information we collect from consumer reporting agencies and other parties. It includes information such as motor vehicle reports, consumer credit information, demographic information, insurance histories, and claims reports.
Information About Your Transactions
This includes information about your transactions with us and others, including our affiliates. It includes information such as your policy coverage levels, account balances, claims history, and billing information.
Information About Communications
This includes information about your communications with Cheap Auto Insurance. It includes information about letters, telephone calls, and emails, such as when they were sent, received, and accessed.
Information Collected Through the Cheap Auto Insurance Web Site
You can browse our Web site anonymously and find information about Cheap Auto Insurance and our products. Cheap Auto Insurance collects general information about Web site visits as part of our business tracking. This information does not identify you personally, and is used to enhance your Web site experience. This includes information such as how you linked to our Web site, Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, and time of visit.
Cheap Auto Insurance may use technology that includes pixels and cookies on our Web site to support site tracking, measure site performance, and for product marketing. Our site places a cookie on your computer to identify you when you return, to personalize aspects of your experience at our site, and to better understand how visitors are using our site, all of which helps us to continually improve your experience on our site. These cookies contain no personal information and they will not damage your computer. We use industry standard encryption techniques to send cookies and your security is not compromised by their use. Your browser must be set to accept cookies in order to navigate the Cheap Auto Insurance site.
Information We Disclose
Information about our customers, former customers, and consumers who do not purchase products from us will be disclosed only as permitted or required by law, or as directed by the customer or consumer.
We may disclose information to affiliated and nonaffiliated insurance companies, insurance agents, reinsurance companies, consumer reporting agencies, government entities, and claims administrators. We may also disclose information to nonaffiliated third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf including the marketing of our products or services. The following are examples of situations in which we may disclose information:
- Your information may be passed between us and our agents, appraisers, attorneys, investigators, and others who may be involved in the sales and marketing of Cheap Auto Insurance products and services, processing of applications, and servicing of policies or claims.
- We provide your policy information to adjusters and other appropriate business entities that make any necessary repairs to your vehicle when you are involved in a claim.
- We may provide your information to others whom we determine need such information to perform insurance or other professional functions for us. These may include parties helping us with administrative services and consumer reporting agencies.
- We may supply information as required by search warrant, subpoena, or legal process, with state insurance departments, or other law enforcement or government authorities when required by law, or to protect our own legal interests in the event of suspected illegal or fraudulent activities.
Cheap Auto Insurance Communications
As an Cheap Auto Insurance customer, Cheap Auto Insurance will contact you regarding your policy and our products and services, such as billing notices, confirmations of changes, modifications to the Cheap Auto Insurance privacy statement, changes to our products, and other Cheap Auto Insurance-specific communications. You may NOT unsubscribe from these Cheap Auto Insurance-specific communications that relate to your primary usage of our service and products; and you agree to receive these if you make a purchase.
From time to time, Cheap Car Insurance may contact you about third-party promotions. In addition, prior to purchasing a policy or after canceling your policy, Cheap Auto Insurance may contact you to confirm your quote or invite you to come back and get a new quote or to purchase a policy. You will have the ability to unsubscribe from whichever type of communication you received.
Links to Other Companies on the Cheap Auto Insurance Web Site